As expert carpet cleaners in NYC, we are here to educate you on the pros and cons of each type of carpet cleaner services.
Every home owner knows how important carpet cleaning is. The world has changed and we can see significant changes and advancements in almost every industry and carpet cleaning in NYC is no exception. Unlike the past, where carpet cleaner services involved washing with simple water and cleaning agents, there are various modern methods that are more effective that can be used in carpets cleaning, making them fresh and healthy. However, each cleaning method has its own particular advantages and disadvantages.
Below is the detailed analysis of pros and cons of different methods for carpet cleaning in NYC so you can make the right choice.
Wet Carpet Cleaning
This is often referred as steam cleaning or hot water extraction carpet cleaning method. As the name suggests, this method entails hot water being injected into the carpet using a highly advanced machine with a lot of pressure. The professionals ensure that the carpet, before injecting the water, is pre-conditioned using a chemical agent which liquefies oil-based substances. The process of pressurizing hot water directly into the carpet ensures removal of all the dirt particles that are stuck into the carpet fibers. With this method they are loosened and dissolved into the water. As to its effectiveness, hot water cleaning has been rated as the most preferred solution for carpet cleaning in Queens. The experts also add cleaning solutions to the carpets especially when cleaning heavily soiled sections of the carpet.
- Effective process for deep and thorough carpet cleaning
- Possible eco-friendly method as no toxic chemicals must be involved
- Most commonly used carpet cleaning method by professionals
- Great at elimination of odors, dust mites and bacteria
- Effective at getting soil from deep in the carpet
- Allows extended dwell time for cleaning solution reaction
- Drying takes longer time
- Equipments required are quite expensive compared to regular vacuums
Dry Cleaning with Absorbent Compound
Dry carpet clean services, as the name suggests, use a process that is popular for carpet cleaning in Brooklyn, which cleans without water. During the process of dry cleaning a carpet, an absorbent compound is spread over and then the professionals work the carpet using a mechanized brush or counter-rotating brushes. All the soil and dirt particles are absorbed by this compound, mostly in powder form, and the process takes no longer than 10 minutes. Once the dirt is absorbed by the powder cleaner, professionals use a high-suction vacuum leaving the carpet spotless.
- Very simple system with no special technical training required
- Drying time is less
- The carpet is back in service in 20 minutes
- Cleaning powder may get stuck in carpets
- Cannot be cleaned deep in the carpet
- Excessive dust can occur in the home
Rotary Shampoo or Dry Foam Method
This method entails applying cleaning solution to suspend debris and dirt from the carpet. As the name suggests, the cleaning solution is whipped into a form and used with a special machine that has rotating brushes. The agent is left for a short time and then extracted using a vacuum.
- This is an inexpensive cleaning process
- Simple and fast for quick carpet cleaning
- Excellent agitation provided by rotating brushes
- Carpet dries fast
- Equipment malfunction can cause excessive wetting
- Inability to achieve high temperatures
Now that you know pros and cons of different methods for carpet cleaning nyc, we leave it to you so you can make the right choice as per your requirements. Call us, expert carpet cleaners in NYC, to help you clean your carpets in the proper way!